The last few months, I noticed more and more simple light bulbs flooring around. It’s time now to get some inspiration and create the same look : I’ll tell you how, follow me !
At the first glance, I found that hanging bulb very simple, industrial, and not specially decorative. But the more I see it, the more I appreciate it. In fact, the long vertical lines create more height volume in a room, it gives an impression of floating element in the void.
I’ll show you here :
- How I got inspired by this new lighting trend
- Some more inspiration pictures
- Get the look: how to create your own new light
How I got inspired by this new lighting trend ?
Here is where I first saw it, in a new café in Wanaka: URBAN GRING
This new café has been designed by the talented architecture agency Sorted, based in Wanaka. Have a look here to see more pictures of it.
2. Some more inspiration pictures
A wooden room with 2 hanging light bulb
Red cords for an industrial vintage style
White adult bedroom authentic style with building wooden material, animal skin.
3. Get the look: how to create your own new light
To get the same look, you can either buy a simple bulb light or create it yourself.
Here is a list of shops where you can buy the lamp:
Mistales to avoid when you hang your light bulb
- Make sure the light is placed in a room with enough height. You want the light cord to be quite long in order to enhance the volume of your room. Too short, the light will look like a cheap temporary building light, and you don’t want that.
- Make sure the cord is flexible enough to be hanging well vertically. The light bulb is usually not heavy enough to guarantee the cord to be hanging vertically. A too stiff cord will create a non vertical line which will look wobbly, and cheap.
- The tip is to place several lights in a row to enhance the industrial repetitive style !
Wanna create it yourself ?
Follow this link to learn how to create this original hanging light with a personalized cord.
Click here to read the DIY to create those beautiful Mason Jar light
I hope this article has been full of inspiration for you and I look forward to hear about your creations !
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog through Facebook, Hellocoton or by RSS to get updates of the latest articles.
Thanks : )