The industrial style, inspired by american lofts, is one of the often seen style in decoration.
What I like in this style :
- the authentic materials : metal, wood, brick…
- the uncluttered ligns
- the modern side
- the cold atmosphere of some interiors
- the lack of personal/human touch
To get the industrial look, it is all about balancing between the positive and the negative aspects.
- An orange brick wall (no painting, no fake look ! the orange color will warm up your atmosphere!)
- Some raw wook : without varnish or sanding is the cheapest in home improvement stores!
- Metal also at the crudest state possible,
- Some corrugated iron: inexpensive and guaranteed effect!
- Some “vintage” pieces you can find on this site that I love: produitinterieurbrut.com
Here are some inspirational pictures (houzz.com) : Enjoy !